Addiction Recovery Ministry is a ministry/support group to those experiencing challenges with drugs, alcohol, food, or any substance abuse and to their family members or significant others. The recovery ministry consists of seven (7) steps:
- Admitting the Challenge - Psalms 51:3-4 / 2 Cor. 7:10/ I John 1:9
- Commitment to God - John 3:3/ Romans 10:9-10
- Knowing One's Self - I Thess. 5:23
- Principles for Change - Hebrews 6:12
- Accountability and Responsibility - Luke 14:28-30 / Luke 12:48
- Growing Spiritually - Proverbs 4:20-23 / Romans 8:4-6
- Helping Others - John 3:3 / Romans 10:9-10
The 90-minute session is divided into time increments in order to give common group care to the individuals and their families. The lesson plans are designed to minister to four (4) groups:
Starters - orientation group for all participants who will be in the program, whether they are users or significant others. This group is introduced to the basic spiritual concepts of salvation, addiction deliverance, faith confessions, prayer, and authority of the believer.
Rope Holders - group for the significant others, the family or friends of the person overcoming the addiction. This group is introduced to confrontational skills, intercession ministry, and tough love applications.
Finishers - support group for the user. This group is introduced to building the spiritual strength and character of the user, relapse prevention skills, and relationship skills.
Rescuers - group of workers and support group leaders. This group is trained in drug ministry to assist in follow-up care for the users and significant others.
Meeting Days & Times
- Sunday - 7:00-8:30 p.m. Life Change Institute - Houston
- Tuesday - 6:00-7:00 p.m. Golden Triangle Location - Beaumont, TX
For more information, call (281) 875-4448.